Monday, August 19, 2013

Ipsy August 2013

I meant to write this DAYS ago but haven't been able to until now.


Ipsy teamed up with quite a few brands for their August 2013 bag:


This months theme was Glamour Academy. The bag was purple with gold Ipsy emblems: 


My bag this month contained products from NOYA, Pixi, Pacifica, Michael Todd, and NYX:


NOYA kosher lip balm in Vanilla (value, $3.99):
This smells really good and glides on easily. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get the Urban Decay sample, but I do love lip balms so still a win for me. (Full-size. $3.99)


Michael Todd true organically JoJoBa Charcoal Facial Scrub (1fl oz, value $5)
 I haven't used this yet, but it smells great! The back of the bottle says, "[..Unique facial scrub formulated using the powers of Jojoba Wax Beads and Activated Charcoal to effectively remove dead skin, impurities, and toxins. Gentle enough for sensitive and acne prone skin types...]"

I was a little surprised that it's actually black:
.... but it does have charcoal in it. I plan to use this. (Full-size 3.4fl oz, $18)


Pixi Lash Booster mascara in Blackest Black (value $7):
I'm not really much of a mascara user..
....but I'll give this a try. (Full-size, $17)


Pacifica Alight mutli-mineral BB cream (.34fl oz, value $7):
I love BB creams and am so happy to have got this! The tube says it has shade-matching technology.
(I squirted waaaay too much out on accident..) 

Blended:
I really like it! I will probably buy a full sized bottle when my sample runs out. (Full size, 


NYX Powder Blush in Copper (full size, value $5):
This is my first NYX product.
(My daughter got into it hence the tiny indents)

Honestly I'm not to pleased with the color for a blush. I mean, who uses COPPER for a blush?😱

Swatched:
Blended:
I will most definitely use this...but as a bronzer/highlighter (full size, $5)


All-in-all I am pleased with Ipsy, as usual. The total value for my bag this month was about $30. Not too bad.




(ETA: I'm not 100% sure of the value of each sample this month, I just looked at others blogs and seen what they valued them at. I will update this if needed when I'm on my PC)

No comments:

Post a Comment