Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Easy Biscuit Recipe

Okay, so it's not pregnancy related (pregnancy is going fine), but I wanted to share this super - easy biscuit recipe I found on about.com

I love to make homemade foods!

Ingredients
• 2 cups of all-purpose flour 
• 1 tablespoon of baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• 1/3 cup of shorenting (butter, margarine, lard, ect) I use the honey country crock butter because... YUM!
• 3/4 cup of 2% milk (I use whole - we have a toddler)

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.

In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

Make a well in dry mixture; add milk all at once. Stir with fork just until dough clings together.

Knead gently on lightly floured surface (10 to 12 strokes). Roll or pat dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter; dip cutter into flour between cuts.

Bake on an ungreased baking sheet in preheated oven until golden, about 12 minutes.

Makes 10 biscuits.

(Source: http://vegetarian.about.com/od/breakfastrecipe1/r/biscuit1.htm) 

*I'm not a vegetarian*

No comments:

Post a Comment