Monday, September 16, 2013

September Ipsy (MyGlam) Bag

It's Ipsy time!
My bag arrived today and this may be the best one I've received so far.

This month's theme was "Classic Beauty" 
(Theme card and brands Ipsy partnered with)

The bag was a cobalt blue with faux lace print. Love it.



My bag this month contained:
• Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm in "Big Apple (value, $19)
• J.Cat Beauty Fantabulous Lipstick in "HoneyCrisp" (value, $2.49)
• NYX Eyeshadow in "Purple" (value, $4.50)
• Elizabeth Mott It's So Big! Volumizing  Mascara (value, $8)
• Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (value, $6.99)

I think this month's bag was amazing!❤
The only thing that wasn't full sized this month was the mascara, which retails for $20.

Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm
(It's a brighter red than the photo shows)

Description:
"..This ultra matte, super-moisturizing lip balm delivers rich color and amazing staying power. This amazing lip balm is formulated with 3D Smart Film Former, which keeps colors vibrant longer. Includes a built-in brush for easy application..."

Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm's are available in 18 colors.

J.Cat Beauty Fantabulous Lipstick

A lot of people were disappointed to receive this instead of the Cailyn Lip Balm but I actually wanted this as I have no nude lipsticks D:

Description:
"..Feel fantabulous with this gorgeous creamy nude flesh-toned shade of lipstick.."

J.Cat's Fantabulous Lipsticks are available in 48 shades. 

NYX Single Eyeshadow 

Oh man there were a lot of yellow and blue shadows being received by Ipsy subscribers this month and I'm glad I wasn't one. I wanted a fall color and was glad to get one.

I think I'm going to use my copper blush from last month as an eyeshadow with this color. 

Description:
"...The NYX Single Eyeshadow packs a punch of color and is incredibly easy to blend. Go edgy or understated effortlessly, and enjoy the luscious, long-wearing color from sunrise to sunset...and beyond!..."


I don't know how many shades of eyeshadow NYX has but I know it's a LOT. (PS Google NYX Fahrenheit eyeshadow and swoon❤)

Elizabeth Mott It's So Big! Mascara
I just recently started experimenting with mascara so I enjoy receiving samples. I haven't opened this one because I'm still trying to use up my Estée Lauder sample I got in April.

Description:
"..An ipsy exclusive launch! This mascara was created using a unique formula that delivers BIG volume and lengthens and curls your lashes without smudging! The hourglass brush ensures that you get the right amount of mascara applied to each lash..."

Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner 
As you can see, I haven't opened this yet. And that's because a lot of people were wanting it and are willing to swap their eyeshadows for it. I don't wear black eyeshadow like EVER. 

I'm a taupe or olive girl.

That said, this stuff has so many favorable reviews it's not even funny. It has a felt point precision tip and apparently makes doing cat eyes a breeze. If you like liquid eyeliner, this is available at both Rite-Aid and WalGreens. 

Description:
"..This true black liquid liner creates a bold, precise, ultra-fine line that's both waterproof and smudge-proof. The unique, caligraphy-style brush allows you to create lines as thin as one millimeter!.."

Swatches


The total value of my bag this month was  $40.98

Bonus: Ipsy also included a sampler of Michelle Phan's new cosmetic line em "The Life Palette"

No comments:

Post a Comment